Timber Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Timber Zone

Two powerful places, One world

Crazy in love

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Crazy in love Empty Crazy in love

Post  Admin Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Sitting at my desk, I had the morning newspaper in front of me looking through it while eating a Jelly donuts and drinking a hot mocha coffee that I brought from a local shop about a few blocks away. It was a slow morning at the office, I was on desk duty for two months due to my last battle with a drug lord. Before I plugged him full of holes he managed to get me a few times, I was on medical leave for a month then allowed back only on desk duty for another month. Today was my last day on desk duty and I was ready to hit the streets, I was so pent up and bored of all the bed rest and paperwork that I just felt like napping all day. Rick the mail boy walked past my desk putting a package down and a few envelopes down “Also boss wanted to see you” he said before walking away to the next desk. I finished off the Jelly donuts and sipped more of the coffee before throwing away my trash and standing up going to bosses office, knocking twice before pushing the door open slightly. He sat in his office chair on the phone, he held up a finger beckoning me toward him, I walked in the office closing the door and sitting in one of the chairs in front of his desk. He finished his call hanging up the phone and grabbing a folder from behind him setting it down in front of him. “How ya been Ken?” he asked as he looked through the folder a bit, boss was the only person who called me by Ken in the office.
    “I've been alright” I told him as I looked around the office, something was up he rarely called me into his office.
    “That's good, so I need you to have at least one more doctors visit to clear you for duty the paper needs to filed in your personal folder and then you can go on regular duty tomorrow” he said passing me a paper from his folder. It was an appointment already made for me, today I looked at my watch
    “This is in fifteen minutes” I said looking back at him
    “Then you better get going” he smiled before going back to his work. I stood up walking out of the office gathering my things from the desk and walking out to my car. I always drove my personal car being a semi undercover cop and all plus I also hated to cramped feeling of regular police cars. I was forced to ride in them in my rookie days, but now I was pro I told my boss never again, my ride was a Black dodge charger, it was the same car police used but mine was a personal ride with my own design on the hood. The hood design was of a Silver wolf it symbolized something deeper than people understood but you will learn of that later. I gotten in my car putting everything in the back before starting the car and pulling the belt over my shoulder and clicking it before pulling off heading to the doctors office.
                It took about ten minutes to get there with all the traffic but once I was there I had to sit in the waiting room, some had children with them and other were looking at cell phones and tablets. I looked out the window enjoying the large view of traffic, buildings and flowers. “Kc?” a female voice called, I turned on my heel to see who was calling me,
    “Yumi?” I smiled it was my best friends little sister, she was shorter than me only because she stood at 5’6’’ and I stood about 6’1’’ she had black hair with blue highlights down to the middle of her back, she wore jeans and a white T-shirt. “You look great” I said as I walked up toward her giving her a hug, two young kids hid behind her leg
    “You do also” she said as she put her hand on one of the kids. It had been a while since I had seen her since she moved to the next town over with her husband Aaron. “Hey...who are the little ones behind you?” I asked pointing and looking at her,
    “Oh...these are my twins you have Lunar, and Luna” she said pointing to them. I bent down to eye level and smiling sweetly
    “Hello there” I said softly holding my hand out, The male hid behind his mother’s leg more and when the young female saw this she stepped in front of her brother glaring at me. Ya she had her mother’s eyes and temper, I stood up and shook my head “Protecting your brother I like it” I told her as I looked back to Yumi. “Are you here alone?” I asked looking around
    “Nah, Aaron just went to the men's room” she said as she sat down picking her up son sitting him in her lap and letting the small girl play.
    “Well what are you here for?” I asked as I sat next to her playing with my ring on my ring finger,
    “A check up...” she giggled
    “Ya but I thought your older brother did those for you?” I asked as I took my phone from my hip as it beeped
    “Nah...Shadow is on vacation” she said as she held Lunar. I nodded a bit looking up as Aaron came around the corner picking up his daughter and tickling her before putting her back down, I waited until he noticed me and when he did his expression was shocked “Hey!” he said putting out his hand. I shook his hand with a small laugh
    “Hey man, how are you?” I asked as I looked at him.
    “I’m good man, two beautiful twins and a beautiful wife can’t get any better” he smiled as he held Yumi’s hand. “You and Jay still seeing each other?” he asked I nodded slowly
    “Haven’t been home lately...” I told him before one of the nurses called my name. I stood up and winked at Yumi “Call me later if you still have my number” I said before walking into the back.
    When I entered the back I was instructed to stand on a scale to get my weight before they took my blood pressure, and temperature. After the first part was over I was shown back to another room where I had to wait for the doctor. While in the room I played with my phone, I wanted to text Jay but I knew he was busy and didn't have his phone at the moment. I felt so love sick always wanting to contact him but I couldn't  the house had been empty the past few months since he moved to his village outside of the city, we split for a bit to give each other space but the space is what was hurting too much. I never thought I would fall in love with Jay at all...he had two kids with his wife Blue who passed away some years ago but I still loved the hell out of him. Soon the door opened and in walked the doctor, a female in her early forties. “So I see you are back mister Clayborn” she said sitting at the computer and typing away “Are you here for the follow up?” she asked without looking at me. I put my phone back into my pocket and answered
    “Ya, I go back on duty tomorrow” I told her as I waited with a small sigh.
    “Alright, could you take off your clothes?” she asked as she reached to a shelf above her grabbing a blanket and sitting it on the desk before going back to the computer. I stood up unbuttoning my shirt throwing it on the chair with my keys before taking off my shoes and pants. I took the blanket from the desk and sat on the observation table covering my lap with the blanket. She didn't need to know I was wearing scooby-doo underpants, I waited for her as she finally gotten up from her computer and walking over to the sink washing her hands and drying them before coming over toward me. “So tell me how you been since you gotten out? any pain?” she asked as she took the stethoscope from around her neck starting to listen to my heart, I waited till she was done before answering. “Only at times...but today no pain really” I said softly as I watched her
    “And where has the pain been?” she asked as she started to look at the scars from the bullet wounds.
    “My knee most of all...some days its just hard to get out of bed or run...” I sighed softly
    “And you run every morning right?” she asked as she looked at my knee moving it and such
    “Yea...” I said looking down.
                We talked for awhile as she checked me out, I had been cleared for work but she wanted to check my knee more and make sure no bone was damaged, when I was shot the bullet shattered the bone but it healed nicely. After an hour check up I had gotten out of there, stopped by the office to drop off the paper and headed home to what I thought would be an empty house.
    When I opened the front door my nose was smothered with the smell of cooking food, oh god I was in heaven at the time. I closed the door before walking toward the kitchen to see who was cooking in my house. When I entered the kitchen I almost screamed, Jay was back I quickly ran up hugging him from behind “Oh god you’re back!! I was so worried about you!!” I told him. He laughed cutting the fire down on the food before turning around and hugging me back “Oh you big baby have you been good?” he asked as he moved us away from the stove. I shook my head and smiled
    “Hell no, when am I ever good?” I told him before hugging him again “I missed you..I truly did” I told him softly in his ear.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:42 pm